Clear & Clean GmbH
The objective of our research work is the creation of universally binding technical and economic evaluation criteria for “cleanroom wipers”.
- Precision cleaning wipers are products to create surface cleanliness. They serve to effectively remove thin-layer (submicron) and particulate surface contamination with minimal self-contamination by the cleaning cloth.
To achieve this goal, it was necessary to elucidate and consider all important parameters that characterize the wiping cleaning process.
The three key parameters are:
- Cleaning efficiency (What percentage of a defined contamination can be removed per distance unit in a single cleaning process?)
- Cleaning time (How much time does it take to achieve the specified surface cleanliness using a specific cleaning wiper?)
- Surface modification (To what extent will the functionality of the cleaned surface be permanently impaired by the cleaning - e.g. through scratching?)
To ensure comparability of the performance of different cleaning cloths, contamination standards must be created.
The ultimate goal is the combined classification of precision cleaning cloths according to the following criteria:
- Textile construction (e.g. PES/VIS nonwoven)
- Cleaning tasks (e.g. thin oil layers)
- Cleaning efficiency (e.g. 44.5% removal of the contamination mass per defined distance, unidirectional)
- Cleaning time required for the selected contamination standard
(e.g. 124 s)